Total Absorbency Protection: A Guide
Why is the incontinence aisle so overwhelming?
Walking down the incontinence aisle at the store can be a daunting experience. With so many options available, it's easy to feel overwhelmed and unsure of which products to choose. But why is the incontinence aisle so overwhelming?
Understanding the different types of incontinence products
Before diving into the various options, it's important to understand the different types of incontinence products available. There are three main types:
- Disposable pads and liners: These are designed for light to moderate urinary incontinence and are often used for everyday protection.
- Underwear that "pull up": These are similar to adult diapers but are designed to look and feel more like regular underwear.
- Adult diapers with tabs that open/close at the sides: These are suitable for moderate to heavy urinary or fecal incontinence and provide maximum protection.
Factors to consider when choosing incontinence products
When faced with a wide range of options, it's important to consider the following factors:
- Level of incontinence: The severity of your incontinence will determine the absorbency level you need.
- Comfort: Look for products that are comfortable to wear and provide a good fit.
- Odour control: Some products come with odour control features to keep you feeling fresh and confident.
- Discretion: If discretion is important to you, consider products that are discreet and noise-free.
- Cost: Incontinence products can vary in price, so it's important to find a balance between quality and affordability.
Seeking professional advice
If you're still unsure about which products to choose, don't hesitate to seek professional advice. Healthcare professionals, such as doctors or nurses, can provide valuable guidance based on your specific needs and preferences.
While the incontinence aisle may seem overwhelming at first, understanding the different types of products and considering important factors can help you make an informed decision.
Remember, it's always a good idea to seek professional advice if you're unsure.
It's OK. We're here to help.
We thought it was confusing too, so we created our Total Absorbency Protection (TAP) rating scale. Think of if as your incontinence product shopping guide.
Let me explain:
We don’t promote one company’s product over another company's. Our only goal is to help you get the incontinence protection you need in a way that is simple, easy and discreet.
What does that mean? We've rated the products we carry on an 'absorbency' scale from 1 to 6. At the lowest end of the scale, 1, the product offers "slight" protection. Great at keeping you dry against drips and dribbles.
At the other end of the scale, 6, it's "maximum plus"; capable of absorbing more than a litre. Those are products that provide overnight protection to allow someone with severe incontinence to sleep peacefully through the night, even through multiple voids.
Whether you measure in ounces, mls or cups, we’ve got ratings and descriptions of how much absorbency you can expect from Slight (1 out of 6) incontinence to Maximum Plus (6 out of 6).
We carry over 125 products chosen for men, women, seniors, kids and those with special needs. We've rated the products on our TAP scale so you can make sure you are getting the incontinence product that suits your needs and your lifestyle, before you purchase it.
Don’t spend money and time where you don’t need to. Use MyLiberty.Life’s TAP guide to help you choose exactly what you, or someone you are shopping for, needs most.
You’re busy. Weekly shopping for incontinence products doesn’t have to be part of your regular schedule and you don’t have to chase the sales.
We're here for you
Questions or concerns? Get in touch, call at 1-888-800-4356. There is always a friendly voice at the end of the line, and if not, leave us a message, we’ll call you back.
Let us help. We offer disposable products like pads or liners, diapers or briefs, underwear, swim suits and bedding. We also have chair pads, bed pads and wipes - and all of them delivered right to your door.
- Tags: Absorbency Adult Diapers Bed Pads bedwetting mats bladder leak Capacity Chair Pads Discreet Packaging Disposable Disposable Underwear For Men For Teens For Women For Youth Guards Home Delivery Incontinence Light Leakage Maximum Absorbency Moderate Absorbency Product Guide Reusable Seniors Shields Subscription swim briefs TAP
- Cindy Clegg